Sunday 31 August 2008

X-Factor Contestant Accuses Producers Of Exploiting Teenage Suicides

Alexandra Davies, a contestant in the new series of X-Factor, has accused the shows producers of exploiting a recent freshet of suicides in her home town.


Davies said she was manipulated in to talking more or less the tragic run of deaths in Bridgend, which currently stands at 23, during her interview on the first step episode.


Davies, wHO was put through to the boot camp stages by judges, aforementioned in her interview: "Because of all the high-risk press that Bridgend has had late I just think chapeau getting through would be a beneficial bit of news that we motivation.


"Today is a big deal. This is where my confidence needs to deliver and I can prove to myself that I can buoy do this."


But she now claims she was encouraged to talk about the subject field against her wishes and has denied that she was quest sympathy.


�They thought that up when I said I was from Bridgend. The producers cherished me to talk well-nigh it merely I didn�t want to, just in case I offended someone�s family,� she told the Telegraph.


"I would often rather be known for the gift than the girl that comes from the suicide town. I didn�t live I was going to be on television and didn�t think I would be on as a lot as I was."


A spokesperson for X-Factor denied that the programme measuredly focussed on the suicides and aforesaid �absolutely no pressure placed on Alexandra during filming nor did she, or her parents, raise any concerns about her interview."




More info